Best Horse Riding Helmet in 2021
When you are riding on the back of the horse, into the sunshine, you might think how romantic it is to let your hair wave in the air. But that might not be a good idea, a trip or push and you are on the ground, with severe injuries on the head.
Therefore, it is vital to have a horse riding helmet on your head.
In the United States, about 10-30 per cent of horse casualties are due to head losses, according to the estimates.
Equestrian sports are a significant cause of traumatic brain injury in adults linked to athletics. This is one of the alarming statistics and you should tighten your horse-riding helmet.
You will survive an incident with few or minor injuries, as long as you have the best horse-riding helmet.
|Product Name||Product Preview||Product Price|
|Ovation Girls' Schooler Deluxe Riding Helmet||Buy Now|
|TROXEL Performance Headgear||Buy Now|
|Ovation Women’s Protege Horse Riding Helmet||Buy Now|
|TROXEL Performance Headgear Troxel Spirit Helmet||Buy Now|
|Troxel Sports Horseback Riding Helmet||Buy Now|
|Tipperary Sportage Equestrian Sport Helmet||Buy Now|
|Charles Owen Ayr8 Helmet||Buy Now|
|Charles Owen Ayr8 Plus Riding Hat Black 57cm||Buy Now|
|TuffRider Starter Horse Riding Helmet||Buy Now|
|IRH Equi-Pro Helmet||Buy Now|
Ovation Schooler Deluxe Horse Riding Helmet
Rated 5 stars on Amazon.com, the Ovation Deluxe Horse Riding Helmet are super comfortable that comes in a huge range of colours. These helmets are amazingly high quality products at a brilliant price range.
- Lightweight that stays on head.
- Sweatproof which protects your hair from being oily.
- They also have a dial adjustment and harness adjustment for the excellent fit.
- It comes with a washable liner.
- Has high flow vents to keep the air passing by and make it breathable. One of the best horse riding helmet available in 2021.
- It does not have a fit for everyone, especially small sizes.
TROXEL Performance Helmet
With an SEI certified helmet, users are swearing on its capability to protect them from violent accidents. It comes under ideal budget and is one of the most robust horse riding helmet out there.
- Meets safety standards as it has been certified under SIE, which means you can bet your life on it.
- A low profile horse-riding helmet that looks good on you.
- Has a dial fit system for adjustment.
- Comes with seven cooling vents for optimum cooling
- Comes only in two colours
Ovation Protege Horse Riding Helmet
With sleek and stylish matte designs, the Ovation Women’s Protege Matte Riding Helmet as a horse riding helmet is an amazingly low profile and lightweight helmet for women.
- It is made up of highly dense ABS material promising you protection from the accidents during horse riding.
- It has mash liner which can be removed and washed.
- Comes with a dial system that us easy to adjust.
- Has an extended for extra protection with ABS material that gives double protection?
- Has sizing problems for heads
TROXEL Performance Spirit Helmet
The redesigned Spirit offers a more in-depth full coverage fit for outstanding comfort and safety. As it’s a low profile and dial system works to create a perfect fit for your head as a best horse riding helmet.
- A soft-touch dial system that helps in regulating the size efficiently
- Made from a polymer that will help you against cut and scratches
- Has a full-coverage design for maximum comfort and unusual sizes.
- It also comes in with new designs and size range.
- The sizing guide is quite challenging to determine from Troxel website, which might create confusion which size is the perfect fit.
Troxel Sports Horseback Riding Helmet
The helmets can be quite expensive but what is a better horse-riding helmet which comes within the low cost range and SIE certificate.
- As all the Troxel Helmets are SIE certified, which means it is tried and tested for strength and durability.
- It has an attached visor which will shield your eyes from winds and dust.
- It is very durable and extremely lightweight.
- It has an all-purpose style for anyone who is not trying to look fancy.
- It comes with a removable and washable headliner to help you remove sweat and dust easily. One of the best horse riding helmet available in 2021.
- It does not have a dial fit system unlike Troxel Spirit Horse Riding Helmet
Tipperary Sportage Equestrian Sport Helmet
Made from high-density ABS material, this horse riding helmet comes in aggressive profile with a carbon print, and this horse riding helmet is worth the shot.
- This is a very comfortable helmet, with the contoured drop back shell and contoured foam interior. It is perfect for long and difficult adventures!
- Has a fantastic impact and resistance for falling and accidents during long horse riding adventures
- Has top and rear vents to let the air go through for a breathable journey.
- The helmet comes with a set of pads which can be removed or adjusted around.
- Has no Adjustable Dial unlike above-recommended horse riding helmets
- Not suitable for a long term basis.
- It is pretty expensive of its range
Charles Owen Ayr8 Helmet
It’s a great riding helmet with proper protection. It’s well made and robust, suitable for general riding, hunting, show-jumping, pony club and much more! It’s long comfortable enough to wear and will not pinch or overheat your head.
- Comes with a microfiber suede that helps elongate its life.
- It comes with its carry box for protection from wear and tear.
- Also meets the current safety standards for the horseback riding helmet.
- It has a vent system to cool your head.
- It’s a little expensive
- May create problems with the actual fit and listed size.
Charles Owen Horse Riding Helmet
The Charles Owen Ayr8 Helmet stands out in style with eight different colours and a mix of an insightful, low-profile look with microfiber suede panels and sleek heat-reflective panel with a mesh-covered back ventilation system.
- Perfect for styles and aesthetics with different colours and styles.
- Has 12 apertures for a fantastic airflow to keep your mind fresh during rides.
- Comes with a low profile
- Have a higher impact load.
- the thermo-regulatory coating for optimum airflow while antimicrobial ions incorporated in the furnace provide odour protection.
- Suede requires cleaning as its not dustproof.
- Not ideal for oval-shaped heads
- Expensive as compared to other brands
TuffRider Starter Horse Riding Helmet
Get the best protection at an incredible price. TuffRider’s Starter horse riding helmet has accredited an SEI with a carbon filter grill that confirms its strength and promotes reliability.
- It has a double coating, an ABS outer shell and EPS inner line shell, which gives your= double protection.
- Comes with a carbon ABS ventilation for optimum cooling
- It has a washable lining to keep it free of sweat and dirt.
- It has sizes for both adults and children.
- It is not low profile
- Better options on a similar price range
IRH Equi-Pro Helmet
A custom fit and comfortable style which keeps you focus on the long term race. With this horse riding helmet, you can go places. It comes with a front vent design to keep air flowing.
- Several first windings on the sides or across the top allow full airflow around your head to keep you safe and fresh.
- You can get a personalised fit for your horse riding helmet with the Dial-Fit-System. Only switch the DFS knob on the helmet backside to ensure that the fit and comfort are modified.
- The Cool-On Lining is reusable and washable as well as replacement liners so that the cooling of your IRH helmet lasts as long as the mask is used.
- Users have complained that visor moves and is ill-adjusted.
- Helmets reduce the risk of serious head and brain damage by minimizing the pressure on the head.
- This they do by acting as a barrier between the skull and anything that causes the impact.
- At the same time, the helmet absorbs the impact energy and, thus, reduces the force that the skull and brain experience.
- In addition to mitigating the effect, the riding helmets are also intended to reduce the chance of a sharp object penetration.
- These have a robust external shell that protects the head from sharp objects. The external shell covers a polystyrene lining that absorbs and distributes the impact.
Advantages of Horse Riding Helmet
- Helmless riding puts you at risk for more serious injuries which could lead to chronic impairment and/or to expensive treatment and rehabilitation.
- Over the years, helmets have developed and are more comfortable than ever. A proper helmet won’t cause headaches or overheat; today’s helmets are rather lightweight and must be tailored to the head of the rider.
- Helmets are available in such a variety of models, colors and textures which can be tailored to both the school and the competition, complementing a typical appearance or enabling riders to express their particular tastes
what you should look for in a horse riding helmet?
The first task of any horse riding helmet is to save your head. So the first thing that you should check is that it is made up of a hard polymer that does not break your head and keeps you safe.
- SEI certification
An SIE certification is necessary. It is a prove that horse riding helmet is tested for strength, reliability and safety. Remember, a good helmet always comes with an ATSM certification.
- Air Vents
Make sure you take a horse riding helmet that does not overheat you. It is necessary to have air vents that keep your sweat-free and relaxed.
- An Adjustable strap
To select a perfect size for a Horse Riding Helmet, one needs to find a needle in a haystack. It is rare to get an ideal helmet for your head. The Adjustable strap is a miracle to adjust the size.
Riding without a horse riding helmet is never a good idea–in general, you’d be very foolish if you did; even on the calmest, well-behaved horse accidents can occur.
Comfortable riding boots and a suitable horse saddle pad are great things to have, but to get a proper horse riding helmet, no way.
The most important thing is to know that none of these horse riding helmets things will break the bank, and they will all secure you well while you are riding correctly and wearing them correctly.