Best Horse Fly Mask – Complete Review
It is high time to prepare for your flying season. You should cover the face, ears, nose, and eyes with a mask in addition to fly spraying and premise protection.
A fly mask helps protect the horse’s most vulnerable area: the face. The head, ear and jowl covered by the mask is thus secured from painful insect bites.
What makes them so sensitive?
In fact, the eyes of a horse and inside the nose are mucous membranes, with flies, as the mischievous face fly, attracted to moisture that can give your horse extreme discomfort and cause other problems of your health.
The use of a best horse fly mask is able to provide the stable and pasture with a safe, stress-free environment.
Best Horse Fly Mask - Top picks
Kensington Signature Fly Mask with Removable Nose
Harrison Howard CareMaster Pro Luminous Horse Fly Mask Long Nose with Ears
Cashel Crusader Standard Fly Mask No Ears or Nose,Gray
Professional`S Choice Comfort Fit Fly Mask Pink COB
Durvet Fly D Duramask Fly Mask
Weaver Leather 35-4100-GY Open Ear Fly Mask with Xtended Life Closure System
DakPets Horse Fly Mask with Ears - Comfort Fit Fly Mask
TGW RIDING Horse Mask with Ears, Extra Comfort Grip Soft Mesh
SISIDZ Horse Fly Mask with Ears Protection Half Face Mesh Avoids UV for Horse
Harrison Howard CareMaster Pro Luminous Horse Fly Mask Standard with Ears
Kensington Signature Best Horse Fly Mask
Fly Mask for Horses with Ears, Comfort Lycra, Breathable and Non Heat Transferring.
One of the most comfortable design to make your horse stay in barn away from flies, this horse Fly Mask is all what you need.
- Lycra fabric soft and flexible makes your horse very relaxed. The impressive mesh style offers a direct view to your horse.
- It will shield the eyes and face of the horse effectively, thereby preventing problems.
- The mask is highly impact resistant, long-lasting and tensile. Wearing and dismantling fast.
- Many horses are relaxed. Conceived in two different sizes, so you can pick your horse easily.
- The material is cheap and has problems
Harrison Howard CareMaster Pro Luminous Fly Mask for Horse
The Care master Pro luminous Fly mask for horse is designed to preserve the eyes of the horse and allow it to optimize visibility in the pasture for durability and comfort with fleece faded rims and seams.
Nylon webbing strengthens the nose-round area to boost reliability, while the protected, double-close system is designed to meet the tough turnout requirements.
The attachments can be adjusted perfectly to the horse, ensuring a smooth fit.
- It provides premium fly and UV safety for your horse.
- Cover your horse from harmful insects and pollens, which can cause allergies and infections. A safe alternative to poisonous fly sprays, our fine mesh fly mask.
- Nose and eyes of high-technology fabric panels are midge-resistant and at least 60% of the sun is shielded against harmful UV rays.
- This is fast-drying and breathable, which avoids sun damage and bleaching effectively.
- Could have been smaller in size.
Cashel Crusader Horse Fly Mask
For the Standard Horse, the Crusader Horse Fly Mask eliminates pre lock damage with its propagated three-hole cap and provides comfort through its unique design, which is placed while your horse is stalled or is in the pasture.
Smooth-coated micro-nylon mesh prevents 70 percent of harmful UV rays from the sole and covers eye and forehead sensitive soft tissue.
- The Mask Crusader Fly Mask has a long lasting, comfortable and cool additional protection against insects in the nose, offering a more normal and full area of the vision
- Blocks up to 70 per cent of the harmful UV rays of the light, and protects horses from eye and sunburn problems
- Rubber-coated Nylon micromesh
- Ears are very long
Professional`S Choice Comfort Fit Best Horse Fly Mask
Built for the comfort of your horse! Smooth, comfortable lycra suits like a glove on your horse’s nose.
Mesh around eyes and ears allows clear eyesight and eliminates flies and bugs.
For easy removal, the specifics include the retaining at the edges and a poll tab.
Durvet Duramask Fly Mask for Horse
A robust fly mask for horse, that has outstanding quality at an amazing price. Durvet Dura Mask horse Fly Mask Fittings is a convenient fit with fleece edges. Has a dismissed waste and fleece trim. Superior eye stitching for improved safety.
It is considered to be one of the best horse fly mask available in the market because of its durability and build quality.
- Extra strength Double locking fastener under the jaw
- Removes flies and other insects biting.
- Under lip, double liquid attachment concealed.
- Fleece fit easily with edges.
- Gives a clear vision to the horse.
- The material is little stiff.
Weaver Leather Open Ear Fly Mask for Horse
Weaver Leather 35-4100-GY Open Ear Fly Mask with Xtended Life Closure System
Patent pending replaceable locking devices prolong the life of your equipment and have absorbents that can be soaked for extra protection with fly mist.
This revolutionary design eliminates the need to spray chemicals which can directly affect efficiencies on the sensitive face of your animal.
Dark, cosy polar fleece design on the bottom. Contoured collar provides a seamless fit while reflective piping enhances clarity over the nose.
The top of the mask is the breathable, lightweight stuff.
- Absorbent sealing material to make fly spray easy to use.
- Black mesh with a comfy polar fleece on the bottom.
- A sleek build with a contoured back.
- Reflective piping for extra visibility over the nose.
- The top of the mask is the breathable, lightweight stuff.
- Super easy to be pulled off
DakPets Horse Fly Mask with
Suitable for horses up to 100 cm neck (check before ordering) with no hooks or loop fasteners and is easily fit.
Updated Style for your horses – Best Horse Fly Mask comes with lightweight tailored lycra and high elastic polyester with flexible, high-strength mesh for eyes and ears. Compatible with your horses.
Requires good air circulation–allows clear vision when wearing this horse mask because the mesh material is robust, supportive and respiratory.
The soft coated nylon mesh helps protect the tissues of the body. It is convex and stretches out over the body so that UV PROTECTION does not hurt.
- Easily Fits
- Has Lycra for comfort
- Mesh material is supportive.
- Lycra is not thin
TGW RIDING Horse Fly Mask
TGW RIDING Fly Mask for Horse comes with Ears, Extra Comfort Lycra Grip & Soft Mesh.
In the comfort and protection of your cheval, the TGW RIDING Fly Masks are made. Such masks are crafted from the finest material content and produce.
The horse’s build will keep you safe and protected from facial flies, earmuffs, biting insects, and harmful sunrays.
Using in the field, in the stall, on pastures or on the road. The eyes and ears were specially made.
Sewn-in darts forming the fabric around the eye are used to build fly masks. The darts prevent the mask in the eyes of your horse from touching or developing in it.
The ear-holes were precisely designed to fit with the ears of your horse.
- This generously sized fly mask is easily flipping on and off the heads of the horses in order to ensure a stable, comfortable fit.
- The snug-fitting Lycra helps to remove gaps between your mask and skin to prevent the plagues; the lightweight mesh gives full access to your eyes and gold.
- This horse mask should not be too small to open the eyes of the horse.
- Instead of cheap Lycra polyesters with highly-fast nylon mesh fabric covering the face from the ear of the horse to the forehead, this horsemen mask uses Nylon Lycra material.
- Without any hook or loop sealing, the single-piece mask.
- Leaves tiny marks over the horse.
SISIDZ Fly Mask for Horse with Ears Protection
SISIDZ Horse Fly Mask with Ears Protection Half Face Mesh Avoids UV for Horse/Cob/Pony Equestrian
One of the best horse fly mask that saves your horse from flies and the sun. It’s made from the most supportive material.
- Built from elastic nylon material stretchable, breathable, giving the horse the most tender protection.
- Avoiding pest and attack successfully, but safely avoiding 60% of UV rays.
- A mask of one piece covering the face with no hook and loop fasteners from the horse ear to the middle. The horse is not annoyed by ease of wearing during this process.
- Not only for horses with short legs, for adult horses, but for pony foals as well.
- Bug eyes are too rigid
Harrison Howard CareMaster Pro
The ergonomically designed Caremaster Pro Luminous Fly masks remain on the horse, are easy to see for it and secure as comfortable as they are.
The answer to your Caremaster Fly Mask is ready to stop this incessant bug from throwing the head or to shield your cheval’s delicate skin from harmful UV rays or flying particles!
- Comfort, longevity and no rubbing are formed anatomically.
- High-tech fabrics Midge-proof breathable material provides skin-friendly security designed to stay in place!
- eliminate gaps and prevent pressure marks! Secure and resistant material contact keys.
- Provides high visibility and UV safety with laboratory tests
- Mesh is not properly supported.
Uses of a Horse Fly Mask
The biggest reason for using a fly mask for horse is by far to make sure your equine is as relaxed as possible.
Like humans, we can brush insects with our hands from our mouths, but obviously horses do not have that luxury.
For herds, horses use their tails to turn their faces away from each other.
- Insects can also cause illness and allergy, so your horse well being can only be improved by a horse fly mask. The eyes ‘ moisture can lead to infections, for example, in the face of flies, while caterpillars can get into the ears or mouth, and their bites cause a lot of pain. Horses with sonorous plates may also benefit from fly masks.
- Fly repellents can be used to keep flies away from the rest of the horses ‘ body, but spraying around the mouth and eyes isn’t that fast.
- When you practice for dressage, event or other uses, flies will annoy your horse and make it more likely that your orders will be missed.
How to find a perfect fly mask?
When sizing a fly mask for horse and fitting it properly onto your pet, there are several considerations.
- The edges of the horse fly mask need to be firmly pressed against the skin throughout, otherwise they will rub and chaff. But you must make sure that there are no major gaps.
- You will need to make sure that there is not too much gap between the mesh and the skin of the horse.
- When the mask is too close to the eyes, it will scratch them, triggering corneal ulcers, so that the eyelashes are clear.
- The ears of a horse are still moving; So if you have a fly mask on the mouth, you must ensure that your horse mouth is moving